Friday, August 26, 2011

...earthquake?!!?...

Wow!  Sooo yesterday we (MD/VA/DC, down to the Carolinas, up pass PA, to NY {maybe even further...}) got an earthquake yesterday!!  WOW!  Earthquake Hits DC Region!!  I can't believe something like this happened... HERE!  I was at work at the moment.  When it first happened, I couldn't believe it was going on.  I stood up to look around to see if anyone else felt what I was feeling... it just would not stop.  I don't know exactly how long it lasted, but it felt entirely too long!  I was on the 3rd floor of my building, and I could literally see the building move!  I didn't know what to do.  My first thought was to not leave the building, but then reality set in, and I knew I had to go!  LOL!  I shut down my computer, grabbed my stuff (and my co-workers), and was outta here!!!  I didn't think about it until after the fact, but I took the longest wayyy possible to get out of the building.  Ughhh!!  That was such a blonde moment.  Okay, so everyone in the Upper Marlboro area, was outside... sooo many folks were out there!  I tried calling my family and friends, but of course cell phones were knocked out.  Then finally one of my co-workers sent me a text message, and I realized I could send messages out... I got on FB, sent text messages, sent gchats... everyone was okay!  It took a while before we were told my building was officially closed.  I felt so bad for the folks that had to go back in the building to get their belongings.  It wasn't until I was waiting for my grandfather to pick me up, after folks were leaving, before I broke down...  Walking and crying, crying and walking... my bestie was there (via gchat) to help calm me down.  Thank God for her!  She don't even know!  LOL!!  Then once my grandfather finally got to my building, they wouldn't let him anywhere near it, so I had to go and meet him... THEN, when we tried to leave the area, it was soooo much traffic... Like stand still, so I made the executive decision to go back to his place.  My mom, brothers, and grandma was there, so we all sat and talked to one another for a little while.  Once I was finally back at home (hours later!!), I was able to give my sweet little baby all the hugs and kisses!  She told me she thought it was aliens landing!  HA!  Gotta love the kids and their imaginations.  All in all, this was a wild experience... something that I would never want to experience again!  That night I woke up reflecting on it, crying again!  SMH...

Next up, Hurricane Irene...  stay tuned...

Yeahhhh.... it took me a couple of days to post this.  MY BAD!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment