Tuesday, September 6, 2011

...labor day weekend...

I'm on my lunch break, and since I've looked at all of my blog spots, and still have time to spare, I decided to come to my most favoritest blog heem!!!

Sooooo how was your weekend??

My weekend was NICEEEE!!! 

It started out Friday, by being let go a little early!  I took full advantage!!  Went home to handle some at home business, HA!, then went to pick up my little sunshine!  I decided to go ahead and get her so I wouldn't have to rush back to get her before after-care is over.  I wouldn't dare do that to the staff at her school, on a holiday weekend, not unless it was urgent!  Okay, so it took us some time to get up to the mall, traffic was insane!  I went there with one thing on my mind... getting a dress for my friends' wedding.  So, I went to JCP to see what they had in store.  They had a lot of options, some were really cute, but way more than what I wanted to spend.  I ended up getting a dress that was originally $80, but after the coupons, JCP merchandise cards, and mark-downs, I only ended up spending $33!!!  I was super happy!  Then we went to have dinner, because my little sunshine swears that she doesn't eat lunch at school.  SMH!  Then I thought about accessories and such, so I went back to JCP and snatched up a earring/necklace set for $12!  Something simple and cute!  After that I had to go alllllll the way down to my grandmother's house, shout out to my BG!, and get my younger brother.  He wanted to go to Merge, and to be honest with you, as tired as I was... I wasn't going to deny him of that.... now if it was him wanted to go to some house party, movies, or just goofing off with some friends, he would've been SHORTTTTT!!!  But since this is a church atmosphere for the middle school - college age folks, I wanted him to be there.  I couldn't stay for the whole thing, I had been up since 5AM, and was in despite need of a nap!  So I stayed for a little while, listened to the music, and went home to go to sleep.  I set my alarm clock for 10:26 or something random like that, and didn't hear it!!  Finally around 10:50, I jumped up and rushed over there to get him.  We get outside and there are hundreds of kids outside, running back and forth...  I didn't know if it was a fight going on, or what, but I didn't want any parts of it!  After about 20 minutes of being out there, he finally came to the car.  He wanted to go home, so I spent another hour or so in the car, dropping him off!  Next time, he's definitely staying at my house! 

Saturday, I got up early, considering I didn't get back home until around midnight the night before!  So I went out to get my eyebrows trimmed and my feet tended to!  LOL!  It was so necessary for them both!  Then I went out trying to find some shoes, didn't find any... called up my roomie to see what she was doing.  She was at our stylist "house" (as my daughter calls it), so I asked her to ask if I could come.  She said it was cool, so I rushed over there!  She tamed my TWA and gave me some twists and flexies... It's sooo cute!!  I didn't think it was possible to get anything done to this, but I should've known better!  And it only took most of my day!!  LOL!  I had a wedding to go to, so I had to rush home and get dressed.  The wedding started at 6, and I didn't leave my house until 6:20!  =(  I was beating myself up in the car, because I sooo don't like being late to stuff like this.  God must've heard my venting, because the wedding didn't actually start until a few minutes after I got there!  Thank you God!!!  I'm so glad I didn't miss it, it was soooo nice!  I'm so proud of Mr & Mrs M!!  I also learned that when I do get married, assigned seating is a must!!  My friends were in there cutting up!!  One lady even said she was going to go and get a switch!!  LMBO!  Cocktail hour was really nice!  Folks were able to mingle and eat & drink while the couple went out to take their pictures.  Then we moved on for dinner...  we had all the cool kids at our table!  LOL! It was cool tho, we all enjoyed ourselves!  After they announced the cake was cut, they told us that we could go back out to the cocktail area to dance and relax.  The wedding was so nice, I can't wait to see who is next in our circle!  The only thing I wish I could take back about this day was not being able to go to my grandfather's house for his birthday cookout.  It's not often that I get to see my father's side of the family, all together... so I really wish I could've made it.  It was originally scheduled for last weekend, but due to Hurricane Irene, it was moved to this weekend.

Sunday, another nice day!  Went to church with my <3 and my sunshine... it's been so long since we've all been!  I told myself that I want to be present every Sunday!  Unless I'm really sick, there's no reason that I shouldn't be there.  And I feel so much better about myself after going.  The sermon was right on point, I can't wait for next week to see how it ends.  After chuch, I went to my <3's mom's house... she's so cool! Stayed over there for a little while, and then headed up the road to a cookout at my bestie's mom-in-law's.  The food was so good!  And we all enjoyed ourselves... I really love spending time with my friends!  They are so cool!  ;-)  You gotta get you some friends like them!  Ohhh, and then I ended my evening by updating my resume!  **fingers crossed for something new!!**

Monday, I didn't want to do a thing!!!  I told a few people I was going to come over and spend some time with them, but after this weekend, I couldn't get up from out of my bed!  I don't think I got up, until around 6 something, and that was because I knew I had to have dinner!  SMH!

This weekend was the best weekend!  I'm so glad that I was able to "end" my summer like that...  I'm going to try to hold on to the rest of the summer as long as possible... I know some folks love fall, but I can't stand it... cold weather BLAH!  football BLAH!  and then winter double BLAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment