Friday, August 24, 2012

...vent...

Okay, I just have to do this.  It's been a while since I've done this.  LOL!  I feel like I've said exactly what I want to say right now before, but when I went to check my last couple of posts, I didn't talk about it.  So excuse me if I missed it, and I'm saying the same thing again...  Here goes nothing:

Yesterday I was feeling a certain way about a certain someone.  PISSED!  HEATED!  READY TO POP OFF!  Yes, all caps.  LOL!  So, a month or so ago, I signed up for a few trainings for this month.  I got the approval, and there were spaces available, so I was well on my way.  So late last week, I heard her making plans to be off today.  Let me back up, I work in an office where there's offices all around the walls, and the middle is open with cubicles.  So if you are making personal phone calls, 9 times out 10, everyone is able to hear you.  Fast forward to this week... she still didn't say anything to any of us about her being off.  So I sent out an email to remind everyone that I'll be off for my training.  She replies back and says 'Thanks for the reminder... I'll be off too'.  There was more to it, but basically, that's how it was.  I know you may be looking like, okay, what's the big deal.  The big deal is she does this every single time I take off.  Okay, maybe like 90% of the time.  I don't know what her problem is, but if I take off, she's taking off too.  Even when I was off to have the baby, she went out on sick leave for a month and a half.  Dude, stop swinging!  One time I even said something to her about it, and she made some BS excuse as to why she is the way she is.  Whatever, I ain't falling for it.  Another time she said something about more than one person being out of the office at once, doesn't look good or something like that.  So I asked her why does she do that when I requested well in advance.  She gave up another BS excuse.  Ugh! I just get so frustrated with the way folks deal with things.  Be fair!  Be responsible!  If I was the supervisor in the office, I would want to know when folks will be out, for what, etc... but this one, I'll put something into our system to request the day off, send her an email, tell her verbally, and she still acts as though she doesn't know what I'm talking about...

Lord, I'm ready for something new.  After 7 years, and no room for growth... I think my time is up.  Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for my position.  But I've "settled" long enough.  Recently, I stopped talking and started doing.  I applied for a few positions, went on one interview.  Unfortunately I didn't get the position, I think I may have asked for too much.  But I'm just trying to get a little more than what I have now.  I don't want to go backwards, I want to move on up (RIP George Jefferson {can't think of his real name, Sherman something})... you feel me tho?!  Who wants to stay in the same spot for 20 years??  NOT ME!!!  I may end up hurting someone.  I know I'll be able to move on when the time is right.  I'm trying to get myself in the right position, so when the time is right, I'll be good.

Sorry about this, but when something is bothering me... I have to get it off my chest.  Hopefully next time I come in, I'll have something positive to say, or I'll be telling you that I got a new job!  *praying*

1 comment:

  1. i'm praying that u get a better position as well! but gurl, i was crackin up @ this chick takin off a the whole time u were out on maternity leave! i'm kinda concerned...

    ReplyDelete