Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 11 – What’s In Your Makeup Bag?

I would like to first wish my grandmother, BG, a wonderful birthday!  The relationship that I have with that woman is like no other.  I could talk to her about anything. I strongly believe it's because of her that I have some of the "ways" that I have about me.  I love that woman so much!! 

Happy Monday!  Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!!  My weekend was ... ok.  Nothing spectacular at all.  I stayed in the house and did a lot of thinking.  Yesterday I ventured out to go to the grocery store.  Whooptido!  Ughhh, I just realized I forgot to put on my earrings today.  Don't you hate that?!

Moving on... what's in my makeup bag?!  I have my jewelry in my makeup bag.  I have all my necklaces, bracelets, a few rings, and earrings in there.  I also have a sterling silver jewelry box in there that I hold all my "expensive" or tiny things...  There's also a few other things in there that have no reason being in there.  A cd, dice, and this hat thingy that I used to wear last winter.  LMBO! 

Soooo where's the makeup??  I used to have makeup, nothing too much, lip gloss, eye shadow, blush, a few brushes.  But out of no where I decided to give it to my mother.  I didn't wear it that often that I thought I needed it.  I believe I have a natural beauty!  Owww!  LOL!  Back in the day, when I was in high school, I never wore it... except those few times for prom or homecoming.  And when I did put it on, my father and uncle used to always make a fuss about it... "You don't need that stuff..." "You look like a clown with that stuff on your face..."  "You look better without that crap..."  Fast forward a few years later, back in my clubbing days, I did a little experimenting with that stuff.  I thought it was the "icing on the cake" to wear it... Now that I think abou it, that's probably why I decided to give it up... I wasn't going clubbing like that anymore, and didn't feel the need to have it.  Now I'm satisfied with only lipgloss!  ;-)  I use this stuff from bath & body works... my fave!! I love when it's on sale like this... fifteen bucks for 3!!!  Those could last me up to 6 months!  And when I don't have time to go to the store to get some, I take it back and use some good ole vaseline - strawberry or cherry flavored.  I don't have nothing against it at all... I love to see ladies with their makeup on, just as long as they don't look fake!  LOL!  I think it's so pretty!  Who knows... I may even go out and get a few items.  If and when I do... I'll be sure to look up some "how to's"... because I surely don't know how to! 




This pic is probably the last time I wore some makeup, for my besties wedding last May. Shout out to ATM!  ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. are u serious??? >:< giiiirl u better stop playin!!! lipgloss though...oh naw, we need to get u out and about more often. i cant talk cuz i JUST started gettin into makeup last summer and really started goin hard last winter and mainly when i cut my hair. its sooo much fun. i think as busy mom's we just tend to forget about ourselves cuz we make everyone else top priority :7 yes u have natural beauty but i didnt even recognize u in the pic O_O

    ReplyDelete