Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 23 – 15 Facts About You

Ohhhh this should be fun!!  ;-) 

Oh... so today I have my little one with me at work.  Typically it's a fight trying to keep her entertained, but she has a "play room" now, so she's enjoying herself... let me go put on another movie for her...  I pray that she doesn't get bored today. 

Okay, back to the matter at hand...

1. I have a bunch of brothers and one sister, but I'm my mother and father's only child.  And I'm the oldest, late 20s... then there's a 22 year old, two 20 year olds (not twins), 12 and 10.

2. I didn't get my license until I was 19... I went to driving school at 15 and some months, tried and tried again to pass that stupid test to get my learner's.  Once I finally got it, a new law had passed which meant I had to go back to driving school, by that time I was 19... drove myself there and back.  The driver instructor was really cool.  He didn't make me go the full 2 weeks, because he could tell I was a good driver.

3. I've been working since I was 15.  I've worked all over... Pizza Hut, Six Flags, Target, Toys R Us, Farmer's Bank (this was like 2001 - since then it's changed it's name), federal government, and now county government.  I've been with the county for 9 years come September... within my office now for 6 years.

4. I loveeeee to cook!  I first got started "chopping up ingredients" with my grandmother for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter when I was young.  My mom allowed me to do a little more with dinner when I was in my early teens.  When I was in high school, I considered going to culinary arts school after high school.  Listening to my mom, she thought going to college was the wise thing to do and cooking on the weekends would have to do.  That was very discouraging.  But after a few years of taking off... Now I cook almost every day.  I love to hear those special little words from my daughter "Mommie that was the best ____, I ever had!"  She's my #1 fan!!  BUT... I do love to go out to eat too... I'm looking forward to my next outing... OG anyone?!  lol

5. I can be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare!  Hahaha!!  No seriously, I feel as tho I'm one of the nicest people there is.  BUT if you cross me, or do something to my family... "YOU'RE DEAD!" - Mike Epps voice.  Please, stay on my good side!

6. I have a few OCD's... a few things that have to be done the way that I do them, or else they are wrong.  One day my roomie was trying to help me put my sheets on my bed... and I just had to tell her (in the nicest way possible of course) to let me do it.  LOL!  Sorry B!  I don't like wet floors, rags, towels...  I'm really particular about some things.  I'm sorry!  I don't want to offend anyone about me and my ways... I blame my grandmother.  She helped raise me, so I have a lot of her in me. 

7. I'm very random... I have a lot of thoughts going on at any particular time.  Thank you God for this blog, so I can get some of the randomness out!  ;-)  Since I do have so many thoughts going on, if I don't write something down, I may forget that I said it or that it happened.  Please don't ask me what I was talking about that one time on the phone last week.  SMH!  (or yesterday... it's that bad!)

8. I had a "blankie" when I was a little girl... I kept it until I got pregnant with my daughter.  I told my mom that I would get rid of it when I had someone to sleep with... now that I put it away, and can't find it.  I find myself using my daughter's from time to time.  HA!  She's so cute with hers... Reminds me of me! 

9. I am a sucker for a happy ending!  I love those movies where the guy and girl get together... then they act like they don't want to be bothered with each other and when they are away from one another, they realize they can't live without the other.  I know I need to get out of the fairy tale mindset, but I can't help it.  Much like my life... I'm ready for the "happily ever after"!!  *goes back and reads "My Dream Wedding"*

10. This was much harder than I thought! 

11. I am my toughest critic.  I feel like I'm the best at so many things, but sometimes that isn't enough.  For instance, when it was time for me to put my daughter in school, I had a few naysayers saying they thought she was too young.  But my bestie/her godmother really helped me put things in perspective.  Ever now and then I get discouraged... but the bigger picture is she needs this, she's going to get it... ain't nobody gonna say jack about it!  I mean they can, but they aren't paying the bill... I am!  LOL!  I think I just over think too much.  I need to just go with my gut and let that be the end of it.  Sometimes you have to be careful who you tell things to... you may be sooo happy with the decision you made and they'll come and say one thing and that'll have you thinking twice about something that you know you want. 

12. I'm such a punk!  I don't like confrontation.  I don't like to deal with drama.  In my world, every thing is "peaches and cream, peaches and cream, I'm a little lad who lovessss peaches and creammmmm"... remember that commerical??  Hahaha!! 

13. I have a huge family!  I would love to be able to get everyone together for a reunion or outing or something... there's just too many people that I don't know.  I also wish I was closer to them all.  I love to love and spending time with loved ones is one of my most favorite things to do.

14. I am a member of Zion Church.  I think it's the best!!!  I need to be more faithful about going.  I honestly feel like going and learning more is good for my soul.  I need to really get it together!  Even my daughter likes going.

15.  I love seeing my name so much - borderline obsessed - that I went out and got it tatted on my wrist!  ;-)  My uncle has it tatted on his arm also.  I can't wait to see who will do it next!  *hint, hint*  LOL!  I want to get more tattoos, my daughter's name and something else... but I'll wait!  Gotta make sure it's something that I really really reallllllllllyyyyy want!

There is so much more to me.. But I just thought I would share these few things with you.  Hope you enjoyed reading and of course I'll be back with more, so you can learn more about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment