Tuesday, October 25, 2011

...take care...

Okay, so it's been a longggg time since I've been here.  That was not my intention at all!  But I'm so thankful that I'm able to come back... and know that some will still be here with me.  ;-)

Last week, I was a little under the weather... okay, very under the weather!  I didn't know exactly what it was, but I just knew that my body wasn't feeling right.  (please make sure you listen to what your body tells you... if it's rest it needs, give it!  if it's extra water, drink up!!  if it's something that you can't put your finger on, take advantage of your medical insurance!)  That's exactly what I did, I tried to give it rest... that didn't work.  I wasn't able to eat anything during the time, so I drank plenty of water.  That didn't work... next in line, go to the dr!!  It was the weekend, late night, so I had to go to urgent care.  Shout out to my <3 for taking care of me during my time of need!  And another shout out to my roomie for taking care of my sunshine!  So I went to the urgent care, freaking 40 miles away!  While I was there they treated me for something I'm going to say is minor, but I didn't realize the different steps in it.  I knew I had this (UTI) before, but didn't realize that it could get this extreme.  So by the time I was done there, and got back home, I was just as sick as I was to begin with.  After having a high fever of 103 and the chills, and body aches, I decided to go to the the emergency room.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go the following day like I wanted to.  My body just couldn't take it.  So I waited until Monday to go... and I'm so happy I did go when I did.  There wasn't much of a wait to get in, and I was able to get the treatment that my body needed.  I was diagnosed with a kidney infection.  I didn't know I was that sick.  I didn't know how, what, where, when... but what I do know is that when your body is going through something, you really have to listen to it.  I'm so thankful that I was able to get the treatment that I needed.  I'm so happy that I have the support that I have.  Special shout out to my mom for taking care of my sunshine when I couldn't be there.  There's been sooo many times that I felt like no one can care for her the way that I can, and this was the eye opener that I needed.  She was fine!  One day she came up to see me, and she cried on her way in there (I think she was just tired - she had a field trip that day), and I cried when it was time for her to leave out.  By day 4 of being in there, I realized how lame my life could really be.  LOL!  But I made the best of it, basketball in the bathroom HAHAHA!!, watching the seconds on the clock go by, watching the trees imagining they were muppets... SMH!  Being coped up in one room really does make you crazy!  By the end of it, I was happy to be out... the food sucked major b@ll$!!  I didn't get a chance to weigh myself, but I'm sure I lost like 10 pounds!  My legs were starting to look crackish!!  LOL!

Soooo, I'm back!  ;-)  I'm going to try my hardest not to stay away too long.  And I will definitely take care of myself!  Please make sure you do the same! 

BIG THANKS to my family, friends, and co-workers for checking up on me.  The calls, text messages, flowers, cards, etc.  I really really appreciate all of the love!  Thank you!!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment