Friday, November 4, 2011

...i can't wait...

HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYY!!!!!

I've been wanting to blog all week, but I've been so busy doing what I do.  I'm sorry!  And then when I do blog, I want to make it worth *it*... you know what I mean?! 

Soooo this has been on my mind lately and I've been trying to talk about it, but just didn't have the time... again.  SMH!  I'm trying to get better at this, I promise you.  Okay, so how many times have you either said this or heard someone say it...

-"ohhhh, I can't wait until the weekend gets here..."
-"ughhhh, I'm so over this hot weather, I'm ready for fall..."
-"this my favorite time of the year... Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas..."
-"I'm sooo ready to celebrate my birthday!!!"

There are plenty more that I'm missing, but I just wanted to give you an example.  Ohhh, or how about how everything in technology is "FASTER", "BETTER THAN BEFORE", "NEW & IMPROVED"!!!

Even when you are grocery shopping, you'll see things that are "ready in minutes", "pre-cooked", "ready to serve"... folks don't even take the time to cook anymore!!!  I've fallen in the trap!!  But I've also realized that those things are not healthy!  Do you know how much sodium is put into those foods to preserve it??  We are really setting ourselves up.  Back before we got so technical with things, people lived longer!!  Going to McDonald's was a treat for them... now it's a quick fix.  "I don't feel like cooking, let me go get something fast."  How many times out of the week do you cook a nice home made meal?  I'm going to be honest with you, the last few months, I've been the worst!!!!  But after I had my scare a few weeks ago, and with sooo many folks dying or having medical complications, I realized I have to do better... not only for myself, but for my family.  We *have* to do better folks! 

And not only do better... but let's enjoy the day!  It's okay to look forward to the future, but when you do that too often, you forget to appreciate the present.  It's called the "present" for a reason... it's a gift!  ;-)

...now I'm listening to my co-worker sing "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."  Hahaha!  Just yesterday I went to the grocery store and they had up Christmas ornaments in one of the aisles... We *JUST* got finished with Halloween, I'm still eating candy, and you mean to tell me folks is getting ready for Christmas already?! 

This song may not have anything to do with what I'm talking about, but I still like it!  ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment