Monday, January 30, 2012 news...

Happy New Day!  ;-)

Okay... I just gotta say, to any lady that's pregnant, if you haven't already... please sign up at Baby Center.  They will send you weekly "My Pregnancy This Week".  It's soooo helpful, letting you know what's going on with your baby and it's growing progress.  They will tell you little funny things about the pregnancy.  But most importantly, they'll give you some really great advice on what you should be doing.  Although I'm going to the doctor every 2 weeks, some times I just need to know what's going on with me right now.  And this week, mine was so on point.  I'm now 33 weeks, and over the weekend I noticed... well my brother pointed out my heavy breathing!  LOL!  We were all having dinner together, and I didn't even notice it, but him sitting way across the table from me, he pointed it out.  "Kiya, why you breathing so heavy like that!"  Dagggg, did you just really buss me out in front of everyone like that?!  LOL!  So... today I get my weekly tidbit about Baby A, and it said:  "Why is it more difficult to breathe now?"  Ummm, are they watching my every move?!  So it goes on to say that the baby needs more oxygen to grow and baby could be compressing my lungs... which could make my breathing a little more difficult.  So if you see me breathing like a big Bertha... don't blame me, just know that it's the baby!  LOL!  Man, I wish folks can see me when I'm at home and trying to relax.  Creating life takes a lot of work!  I could go on and on about all the random things that happened to me during this pregnancy.  Yikes!  But I'll save those for another day.

What I really wanted to say about this weekend is that Baby A showed off!  Friday, I didn't have anything planned, so I didn't do anything.  Saturday, I planned to go to my bestie house to help her prepare some food for a fundraiser that she was doing.  When I got up, I cleaned the bathroom and cooked breakfast... I couldn't even make it thru my plate, and the food was so good!  I had to lay down for a hour or so mid eating.  Then after I finally got up enough strength to finish eating, I went back to the couch to lay down some more.  Finally around 2ish, I got Stabs in the bath, and again, I had to take another break.  By the time I made it to my phone, I realized I had 7 missed calls, 3 missed text messages, and 1 voicemail.  So I call my dad back and he's like WE are meeting in an hour to go out to dinner for my brother & his girlfriend's birthday.  So I had to move as fast as I could to get in the shower and get dressed.  I made it to Annapolis at about 5:15ish... not too bad, but still.  Sunday, I ate a bowl of cereal, and prepared my dinner.  Three frozen steaks in the crock pot with carrots, potatoes, onions & peppers... Now I couldn't even put that stuff in the crock pot before Baby A started to act up.  I had to go to my room to lay it down.  I couldn't even put stuff in the trash and wipe the counter down.  That's how bad it was.  I feel dizzy and I just need to lay on my side.  I couldn't make it to church, couldn't take Stabs to a birthday party.  I couldn't do a thing but lay down.  I took that time to really lay down, sleep and catch up on my rest.  When I finally did make it back to the kitchen/living room area, I sat down.  It wasn't until about an hour or so later that I got up to finish with dinner.  And even then I couldn't stand up.  I was in the kitchen with a chair at the counter.  This little girl is a trip! 

I sent an email to my supervisor today to let her know that I was unable to do some of my duties.  I just felt like a loser sending that email.  SMH!  But I sent it, and she understands and made me feel much better.  I just don't want to jeopardize my health trying to over do it.  I don't want to end up in the hospital again because I can't speak up and say I need help.  As hard as it was to swallow that big girl pill and say, "this is it!", I'm so glad that I did.  I can't keep putting on a smile like I'm superwoman.  Every pregnancy is different and this one is really showing me that I need to chill out sometime.  So that's what I'm going to do for the next few weeks that this wolf baby is growing in me... chill out and breath hard!  ;-)


  1. wow! that is quite a bit! trus indeed that every pregnancy is totally different. u did the rite thing with ur supervisor...i'm glad she was understanding cuz it coulda gone the other way (been there - not pretty). bottom line: there is a baby growin inside u, take care of both of u 1st & foremost...and don't apologize 4 it nor feel 'bout it :)

  2. I wrote out a nice long message yesterday, but my stupid phone wouldn't let me post it. LOL! But thanks for your words of advice! I definitely didn't want my email to my supv. to go the wrong way. That would've been a mess! But like you said, take care of us both first. I was hospitalized for a week earlier in my pregnancy, and I just have a fear that if anything happens to me again, I'll end up on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. YIKES!