Thursday, February 2, 2012

...life...

T.G.I.F - Thank God It's February!

I love this month... it's my birthday month!  I feel so special around my bday... even when the weather isn't the greatest!  For as long as I can remember I've had some type of wintery mishap happen around my birthday.  When I was a little girl, I couldn't stand it!  As a teenager, I felt the same way... and now as an adult, I cursed my parents!  LMBO!  One year, I was in the house for 5 days surrounding my birthday because the snow was so intense!  I was happy because I got a week off of work... but seriously!  That was the year that I fell in love with wine!  HA!  And although I didn't like it at the time, I actually look forward to something like that happening again.  But it seems that was definitely a once in a lifetime type of event.  Thanks Mother Nature!

So, this year I will be 30... YIKES!  I already said what I would be doing, in a previous post, so no need to talk about that anymore.  Now I can't wait to turn 30.  I know most folks don't want to, because it seems like such a huge jump.  But we all have to do it.  I feel blessed!  If you would've told me 10 years ago I would be where I am right now, I wouldn't believe you.  I thought I knew what I wanted then.  But that wasn't for me, CLEARLY!  I'm thankful for what I have and what I will be getting.  I know this isn't the end for me.  I was going thru one of my friend's blogs the other day, and I noticed she had a 31x31 - which is basically 31 things she would like to accomplish before her 31st birthday.  That made me think... I need to really get it together and make a list of things that I would like to accomplish, possibly put them on here, and then one by one, mark them off as I accomplish them.  Some months back, I was on google buzz (R.I.P.) and one of my friends made a post of what's on you bucket list.  I'm so lame, I couldn't think of anything that I wanted to do.  Most people said they want to travel here, learn how to play a musical instrument, learn to speak another language, go to a sporting event... cool stuff!  I've always said I want to do this or do that... but now is the time for me to get it in motion.  I don't want another 30 years to pass me by and I'm in the same spot doing the same thing.  This will be the year that I get things going!  Can't no one hold me back, unfortunately, but me!

...wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. luck! I think I need to make me a list too. I have a very content life doing alot of nothing... happy! BUT, I'm sure there's more to life than this, and I'm about to find it!!! make your list so I can steal some ideas... hahaha :) LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Thanks Tam! You are so silly... Shoooo, I may be stealing some of her ideas. But I think I'm going to change it to 32x32... that way I can have a more realistic goal to stick to. And I'm with you, I was so happy and content with my life of being "drama free" that I didn't even realize I was doing nothing! SMH! I'm going to do better. I got 2 things that I'm going to put on it:

    1. update resume
    2. go back to school

    ...more to come

    ReplyDelete